Friday, October 03, 2014

EXPOSE OF JACQUIE ROGERS

Dare I mention again what a great experience working with Jacquie Rogers was when we wrote our linked books for MAIL-ORDER TANGLE? While we kept closely in touch to keep our books in sync, each of us wrote her own book. Mine is MAIL-ORDER PROMISE and hers is MAIL ORDER RUCKUS. I can’t tell you how relieved I am that our effort pleased each of us as well as readers.



I’ve been a fan of Jacquie’s many years, since I read her first publication. She wrote fairies back then, which she still loves. (Don’t miss her upcoming story “Have Wand, Will Travel.”) She’s also written a futuristic time-travel which cracked me up, SINGLE GIRLS CAN’T JUMP. But my favorite of her writings are her western historical romances.



She lives near Seattle now but Jacquie grew up in Owyhee County, Idaho, which is where she sets her Hearts of Owyhee series. Those are MUCH ADO ABOUT MARSHALLS, MUCH ADO ABOUT MADAMS, MUCH ADO ABOUT MAVERICKS, and MUCH ADO ABOUT MINERS. Hard to choose a favorite among them, but I confess the first has a slight edge in my vote. 


Want to know a secret? Of course you do. The cover model for MUCH ADO OF MARSHALS is Jacquie's nephew.
  
Another of my favorites is SLEIGHT OF HEART, the first of a new series. I can hardly wait for her next book. I don’t think she’ll be able to top Burke O’Shaughnessy as a hero, though. He and Lexie make a perfect couple. Another secret--Lexie is loosely modeled on Jacquie's math-whiz aunt. 



You can see that between those books and all the short stories she does for Western Fictioneers (some as one of those writing as Ford Fargo) and Prairie Rose Press, the woman is a workaholic. If you haven’t read all of her books and stories, what are you waiting for?

Thanks for stopping by!


17 comments:

Jacquie Rogers said...

Holy moly! I didn't see this one coming. LOL. Thanks ever so much for your kind words. It's especially sweet coming from you since I've loved your books from the start. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Caroline Clemmons fangirl. Right now, I'm madly in love with Storm, the yummy hero in The Most Unsuitable Courtship. Thanks again! And keep those fabulous books coming. :)

Unknown said...

Well, well, well... sooooo your nephew, huh? Dare I say it? Dare I? Oh hell, yes, I dare. He's too damn cute. :) And, my dear Jacquie, you can't be in love with Storm 'cause I am, saw him before you did - uh, read about him before you did. :) OK, let's be serious a moment: you two are very good writers and I'm glad to have "met" you. Congrats once again on Mail Order Tangle.

Unknown said...

I can describe Jacquie Rogers in one word: nutcase. The woman is seriously unhinged. ;-)

Honestly, I've been a Jacquie fan for quite some time, too. (Don't tell HER that.) Finding another author -- and person -- with such a sly sense of humor and an outrageous imagination isn't easy.

Her latest story, "Have Wand, Will Travel" is a riot. It's in Cowboys, Creatures, and Calico, Volume 2. :-)

Cheryl Pierson said...

We love us some Jacquie! She's one of those people who has so many talents--not just in writing, but she teaches workshops, is a FB genius, as well as a computer whiz AND she manages to keep a house with FOUR YOUNG BOYS under the roof running.

I'm thinking maybe Jacquie has some Fairy Power of her own going on! And that story Have Wand--Will Travel, was so different, and sooooo good!

Cheryl

Unknown said...

Jacquie, I love your work. The MUCH ADO series is one of my favorites. I'm so excited about COWBOYS, CREATURES & CALICO! On the Entertainment-o-meter, "Have Wand, Will Gravel" is a 10 on a scale of 5!

Unknown said...

Whoops! Make that "Have Wand, Will Travel"! (Gravelling's a whole different story. Although we do have quite a few potholes in the roads around here. Perhaps magic would help!) LOL

Unknown said...

Cowboys, Creatures, and Calico, Volume 2

Love it!

Kristy McCaffrey said...

A wonderful article about a wonderful lady! Jacquie is not only a great writer but a true friend to other authors, but most especially to her devoted readers. We all benefit from knowing her. Keep writing, Jacquie!! (I know this won't be a problem for you.)

Chrys Fey said...

I bet that was a wonderful experience! I am definitely going to check out these books. :)

I'm a fellow Rose dropping by your blog. :)

Jacquie Rogers said...

Liette, I fall in love with all Caroline's heroes. :) The Kincaids books are hard to beat, but the Men of Stone Mountain are just as wonderful. She's made me lose a lot of sleep because I just had to keep reading!

Jacquie Rogers said...

Tex, you call me a nutcase? Bwahahaha. I swear, if any normal thought has ever crossed your mind, you rearranged it until it was unrecognizable. I'm looking forward to reading Tombstone's story in Cowboys, Creatures, and Calico, Volume 2. I know it'll be a riot.

Jacquie Rogers said...

Cheryl, I really wish the faeries would come visit--I could use a litle faery dust around here. Also need to hurry-up this story writing thing. It would sure be nice if I could channel my thoughts onto the screen. It's a dirty trick that my vision never really is good on the page as it is in my mind. Frustrating, but I guess that's just a message to keep trying.

But those faeries have definitely brought some wonderful people into my life. Caroline, the P. Roses, the Pickle Barrelers, the Western Fictioneers--it's a gift and I'm a lucky gal.

Jacquie Rogers said...

Lorrie, I had to laugh because you don't know how many times I typed "Gravel" instead of "Travel." Now that's a Halloween story--a man with a wand who has the gravel to cover his misdeeds. LOL. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Jacquie Rogers said...

Thanks for stopping by, Chrys! I do hope you enjoy the books. I have a fifth Hearts of Owyhee book on the back burner, but a whole bunch of other projects to do first. Right now, I'm working on a short story for the Prairie Rose Christmas anthology, Wild Texas Cowboy. This one's gonna be steamy!

Jacquie Rogers said...

Kristy, I have Instagram envy. Some day I hope you'll teach me how the heck to navigate that maze. The only reason I managed to find you was because you favorited my pictures. LOL. I'm really looking forward to reading your story in CC&Cv2, "The Crow and the Coyote"!

Judith said...

Great post, Caroline! You nailed Jacquie! I've been a fan for a very long time, and her books are as original, unique, and funny, as she is in person! I'm so glad to see she's getting the recognition and fandom she deserves!

Jacquie Rogers said...

Thanks, Judy. ♥ Now, if those faeries would just zap my books into Amazon's top 100... :)